Terms & Conditions
1. STAR CARD Members can earn 1 STAR POINT for every B$1 spent. For every 250 STAR POINT accumulated, B$10 STAR CASH (= B$10) can be redeemed. STAR CASH is calculated based on the net transaction value and rounded down to the nearest dollar. STAR POINTS are available for redemption after 1 day from the date of purchase. Either Mobile / Physical STAR CARD must be presented at the point of purchase, otherwise, STAR CASH will not be redeemable for that transaction. There is no minimum purchase amount required for the redemption of STAR CASH.
2. All applicants for Brunei Toys”R”Us Star Card Loyalty Program (“Star Card”) must be aged 18 or older and have a valid Singapore residential address, mobile number and email address.
3. A STAR CARD member must present their Mobile or Physical STAR CARD at the point of purchase, without which STAR POINTS will not be awarded or may not be redeemed
4. STAR POINTS accrued under the STAR CARD program or though a linked STAR CARD cannot be redeemed or exchanged for cash.
5. STAR POINTS will not be awarded to the STAR CARD member when purchasing Toys“R”Us Gift Cards (“Gift Card”). STAR POINTS will be awarded when Gift Certificates/ Gift Cards are used to pay for goods and services. STAR CASH will be calculated on the net purchase amount, after the deduction of the value other cash coupons and discounts of any kind.
6. STAR CARD Benefits may only be used at any Toys“R”Us and Babies“R”Us in Hong Kong, Mainland China, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Brunei. The net purchase amount in local currency of country of purchase, will be automatically converted to BND according to the prevailing exchange rate being used by Toys"R"Us (Asia) Limited at the respective time.
7. STAR POINTS will expire after 2 years from date of purchase. There will be 2 points clearing dates on June 30 and December 31 of each year.
8. Only Primary STAR CARD holders will be entitled to the redemption of the STAR CASH. Subsidiary STAR CARD members, linked to a primary STAR CARD holder are not entitled to STAR POINTS redemption.
9. STAR POINTS can only be earned and redeemed through purchases made inside designated permanent Toys"R"Us stores / Babies“R”Us stores. Purchases made on eCommerce store can only earn STAR POINTS, eCommerce store is not entitled to redeem STAR POINTS or STAR CASH. Purchases made at Toys"R"Us stores / Babies“R”Us stores outside the territories described above or at franchise/licensed cashiers within the stores are not entitled to earn or redeem STAR POINTS or STAR CASH.
10. STAR CARD members can enjoy exchange and refund service within 21 days from date of purchase. Please refer to the Toys”R”Us Product Return Criteria. Should there be a refund, all earned STAR POINTS are to be deducted from the respective STAR CARD member.
11. In case of product exchanged transactions, STAR POINTS are transferred from the exchanged product to the redeemed product. In case of product refunds, redeemed STAR POINTS are returned to the member’s account.
12. Purchases made by corporations are not entitled to earning STAR POINTS.
13. STAR POINTS can be redeemed for STAR CASH at any Toys“R”Us or Babies“R”Us stores in Brunei on storewide purchases, except on the purchase of electronic games, video game accessories and software, consumables (including diapers, food, juice, bath & healthcare items), food items, clearance items and Toys “R”Us Gift Cards.
14. If your Toys“R”Us Physical STAR CARD has been lost, stolen or damaged, please report loss by dropping a note at https://toysrusbrunei.zendesk.com/hc/en-us , and download our Mobile App to apply for a new of STAR CARD number. All your personal information as well as the accumulated STAR POINTS balance will be transferred to the new STAR CARD number within 3 weeks. The reported lost STAR CARD will be terminated and no longer valid for use.
15. The applicant authorizes Toys (Labuan) Holding Limited and its subsidiaries and affiliates including, but not limited to, Toys“R”Us (Asia) Limited, Toys“R”Us (Hong Kong) Limited, Toys“R”Us Holdings (China) Limited, Toys“R”Us Retailing (China) Limited, Toys (Labuan) Ltd., Toys“R”Us (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd., Toys“R”Us (Singapore) Pte. Ltd, Toys“R”Us (Taiwan) Trading Limited, Toys Retailing (Thailand) Limited (collectively the “Toys“R”Us Companies") the right to transfer personal data disclosed in the application herein to any departments within the Toys“R”Us Companies for commercial, administration and promotional purposes. We are always conscious and respectful of your privacy and would not transfer any personal data disclosed in the application herein to any company outside the Toys“R"Us Companies. However, we may disclose and transfer your Personal Data to third party services providers to sending you promotional materials if necessary. The third party service providers are under a duty of confidentiality to us and are only permitted to use your personal data to sending you Toys“R”Us related promotion materials only.
16. The Toys“R”Us Companies reserve the right to decline applications, re-issue or withdraw the STAR CARD at any time for any reason. The Toys“R”Us Companies also reserve the right to alter or amend the conditions of operation of the Toys“R”Us STAR CARD Loyalty Program, or to terminate the program at any time. A copy of the latest version of these Terms and Conditions will be available at our website www.toysrus.com.sg .
17. Visit www.toysrus.com.bn to check for redemption eligibility.
19. STAR CARD Program: Link your STAR CARD(S) to the STAR CARD your relative or friend to enjoy a consolidated account for accumulation of STAR POINTS.
20. Toys”R”Us (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. reserves the right to alter these terms & conditions or the STAR POINTS earning and redemption mechanism in Thailand without any prior notice to STAR CARD members.
Purpose of Collecting Personal Data
Toys”R”Us (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. (“we”) will use your personal data and the personal data of your children (if any) for the following purposes:
i. Our processing of your application for the Toys”R”Us STAR CARD Loyalty Program (“STAR CARD”), our administration of the STAR CARD Program and provision of related benefits and privileges;
ii. The daily operation of our services;
iii. Handling your enquiries and complaints;
iv. Conducting customer, product and service surveys; and
v. Making any disclosures required by law and matters directly related thereto.
The type of personal data we may use include but are not limited to your name, postal address, mobile phone number, date of birth, membership number and information relating to the frequency of your patronage, bonus points record and billing, your children’s name(s) and date(s) of birth and any other information which may be necessary for the purposes mentioned above.
Please note that you must provide us your personal data for the above purposes. Otherwise, we may not be able to process your application and/or provide you benefits under the STAR CARD Program.
We also intend to use your name, postal address, email address, mobile phone number, date of birth, membership number, bonus points record and transaction information and your children’s name(s) and date(s) of birth for the following direct marketing purposes:
i. Direct marketing of toy products, infant & pre-school products and in-store activities provided by us and the Toys”R”Us Companies (see list below) and related special offers, promotions, vouchers and coupons provided by us;
ii. Special offers, promotions, vouchers and coupons for travel, dining, entertainment, amusement park, cinema, apparel, food, education, household, transportation, banking and other consumer products and services offered by our business partners.
We will not use your personal data or your children’s personal data for direct marketing without your consent. Marketing and promotional materials will only be sent by us and our agents, not by any other party.
If you DO NOT WANT to receive our latest product and special offers and special offers of our business partners, please untick the box on the application form.
We NEVER transfer your personal data to any other parties outside Toys“R”Us Companies, which are not officially contracted by Toys”R”Us Companies.
We are always conscious and respectful of your privacy and will not transfer the personal data disclosed in the application to any other party other but may provide the personal data to the following parties:
i. The Toys”R”Us Companies being: Toys (Labuan) Holding Limited and its subsidiaries and affiliates including, but not limited to Toys “R” Us (Asia) Limited, Toys”R”Us (Hong Kong) Limited, Toys”R”Us Holdings (China) Limited, Toys (Labuan) Ltd, Toys”R”Us (Malaysia) Sdn, Bhd. , Toys”R”Us Retailing (China) Limited, Toys”R”Us (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. , Toys”R”Us (Taiwan) Trading Limited, Toys Retailing (Thailand) Limited (collectively the ‘Toys”R”Us Companies’);
ii. The third party service providers who may send you promotional materials if necessary. The third party service providers are under a duty of confidentiality to us and are only permitted to use your personal data for the purposes of sending you Toys”R”Us related promotion materials only.
iii. Any person who owes a duty of confidentiality to the Toys”R”Us Companies.
Access and Correction of Personal Data
As a data subject, you may contact us to seek access to or seek to correct personal data which the Toys”R”Us Companies hold about you. Requests for access to and/or correction of personal data held by the Toys”R”Us Companies should be addressed to the Privacy Ambassador:
• by email : firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also contact our Help Desk . Requests for access to and/or correction of personal data are free of charge.
Toys”R”Us (Singapore) Pte. Ltd